Tuesday 14 January 2014

Back in the Classroom


The other side of the coin

Once back in the classroom, the activities continued pretty much as the year before, with the students practising their tongue twisters and talking among themselves, as well as discussing a variety of objects that I brought with me.

Having reviewed my lessons for the year before and adapting previously used resources for grammar, pronunciation and vocabulary, as necessary, I continued to make full use of the Audio-Visual facilities of Sheffield Hallam University. With half of the students having attended the summer school in the previous year, I had to think of some new activities and the students were encouraged to take photographs during the field trips, using their own cameras and mobile phones.

A Facebook page was created for the students to share these, and to provide a way of maintaining contact with the friends that they had made, with a competition held at the end of the lessons.

Like the year before, the lessons and field trips were full of fun and, in particular, we all laughed about my time as a goalkeeper, when I had to make up the numbers in a game of 5-a-side football and I got slammed many times by the ball: Peter Bonetti and Petr Čech would both have been proud of me on this particular occasion.

A group photo at York Minster

No comments:

Post a Comment