Friday 14 August 2015

The Heart of England IV


Tabula

After a break of a couple of years, during which the Heart of England summer school was being reorganised, I was asked back this summer to teach a group of students from Tenerife, Gran Canaria, Seville, Málaga and Madrid – and accompany them on their field trips again.

Cambridge

The need to combine field trips with the younger Rotherham group and other late minute changes to the itinerary ate into the classroom teaching time, and it was harder to structure the lessons than in previous years; however, using some tried and trusted methods, I soon got the students talking freely and discussing a variety of topics.
 
At Victoria Quays

Having been learning Spanish myself - and needing to overcome the problems of self confidence when trying to speak another language - I can empathise with my students and I think that this experience made me a much better English language teacher than before.

Planet Pot

There was good humour, as usual, and I introduced a few new ideas into my lessons - including the games of Scrabble and Tabula, which only required the explanation of a few simple rules.
 
Learning circus skills

No comments:

Post a Comment