Friday 20 December 2013

An Afternoon in Lincoln


A view of Lincoln Cathedral from Lincoln Castle

My first experience of Lincoln was when I was taken there, one summer afternoon, by a prospective father-in-law in and old MG Midget – DRB 772L - with the top down. I immediately fell in love with the place and I also later bought this car, but I am digressing. 

The Norman House

Lincoln is one of my very favourite places - I have lived there twice - and when good friends come to see me, we always go there. With a cathedral that I think is much better than those that you can see in York, Chester or Durham, and a great castle to go with it, an afternoon is no way near enough time to see Lincoln properly - but my students had a great time there.

40/42 Michaelgate

In preparation for this field trip, I provided my class with a map and various worksheets to give them the opportunity to explore this place, including a brief description of its geology and geography. So far, I don't know anywhere else where you can experience a place like Steep Hill.

A view up Steep Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment