Tuesday 31 December 2013

A Day in Warwickshire


Prince Hal - Stratford-upon-Avon

Warwickshire is a place in England that I really don’t know very well at all and, when I knew that I was going to go to both Stratford–upon-Avon and Warwick Castle, for a day out with my students, I was really excited because I had never visited these places before.

The 'usual suspects' in Stratford-upon-Avon
We only had an hour in Stratford, to give everyone a good stretch of their legs and, in keeping with his tradition of showing the ‘Best of British’ in his summer schools, John True took the students to see Shakespeare’s grave.

I think that Stratford-upon-Avon is one of the most attractive places that I have seen and I could have spent a day looking at the architecture, archaeology and art, as well as the places that are associated with Shakespeare.


Warwick Castle

On what turned out to be the hottest day of the year, I trekked around Warwick Castle and its grounds, up and down spiral stairs and along various ramparts to take in all of the views. However, after the energy sapping incessant rain and floods that we had had to endure, the first thing that I needed to do before undertaking such an adventure was to take a siesta.

Scott Engering

So I was told by one of my neighbours on the grass after I had woken up, one of the students had taken full advantage of the situation with my camera that I had lent to him - whilst I was soundly snoring on the grass.

No comments:

Post a Comment